Saturday, March 28, 2009

Too Deep for Words

Emotionally drained.
Tired.
In a haze.
Numb.
The funeral is over.

It was a beautiful funeral. We found such Scriptures like Prov. 31 (describing the Godly woman) and Gal 5:22-23 (the fruit of the spirit) to be descriptive of Yoko's life. We heard so many stories of how she touched lives. While I know God was with my mother-in-law during her death, and I know that He has been with us since her death--comforting and supporting us, the loss is still hard.

Last night, my Scripture reading was a passage that I have read so many times and even quoted to others through the years. However, this time, the words of one of the verses jumped off the page to me:
"In the same way, the Holy Spirit helps us when we are weak. We don't know what we should pray for. But the Spirit himself prays for us. He prays with groans too deep for words." Romans 8:26

Yes, I am feeling so weak emotionally. I don't know how to pray. But I am comforted because I KNOW that the Holy Spirit prays for me in times like this. And when He prays to the Father it is in a manner that is TOO DEEP FOR WORDS. Just like God's mercy and grace, He goes above and beyond what I could ask or hope for...He even goes beyond what I can pray for!

"Praise You in This Storm"
(words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms)

"I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands
and praise the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone
how can I carry on if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away."

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I've relied on that verse many, many times!
    Suzy :O)
    www.suzanne-hartmann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been praying for you. this song is an amazing help to me right now also. Trials come, and yet I will praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete