Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vicks to the rescue!

I have the worst cold I've had in years....I haven't slept in three nights due to my constant hacking cough....My husband is in Houston on business and won't be back until late tomorrow night...the kids were going stir crazy because I haven't felt like getting out---except to go to the health food store to pick up meds.
Maybe I have the flu....no, I can't; I don't have a fever. I would hate to have the flu; not because it is so miserable, but because I have bragged for several years that I DO NOT "believe in" the flu shot. I NEVER get one! Say what you will, but I know too many people who suffered through having the flu right after they received the vaccination. So, live vaccine or not, I'm not buying it--er, uh, getting it. I figure I'm a healthy, middle-aged (ooh, that hurts to say) woman. My immune system is not compromised in any way; I don't need the vaccine. (I did stock up on homeopathic flu meds though just in case.) Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is just the common cold....Mark had it a few months ago, Gavin has had something like this on and off for a couple months, Elaine came down with it last week...and now I have it.
Either way, I'm armed and dangerous....watch out viral bugs! I have my Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Slippery Elm, a host of homeopathic meds, AND now my VICS VAPO-RUB!
My cousin in France called this morning and shared that I should rub Vicks on the bottom of my feet (then put on socks) before bed to relieve my cough. So, I ran out again tonight to get my Vicks. I think I'm getting a little obsessed with feeling better.....
Well we'll find out in a few hours if it works or not... for now, I'm going to go play a game with the kids before they head to bed.
*cough* *cough* *cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment