Saturday, April 25, 2009

Only 30 Days to Live.....

If you had 30 days to live, what would you do?
What would you change?
Would you have any regrets?

How would you do life differently if you knew you only had 30 days to live?

Someday, I would like to white water raft on the Colorado River. I want to zipline through the rainforest. I want to visit Washington DC and see the Declaration of Independence that our forefathers wrote. I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise and see whales migrating. I'd like to go scuba diving in the Caribbean. I want to visit the Holy Lands and walk where Jesus walked. I'd like to see Yosemite National Park since we missed it the last time we went to California. I want to climb the Eiffel Tower with my love, my husband. I want to visit Niagara Falls because I absolutely love waterfalls. And maybe, I'd even like to swim with the dolphins in Florida.

However, if I only had 30 days to live, doing those things--the things I'd like to do someday--wouldn't matter to me. My focus would be on my husband and my children. I would spend time with my parents and my siblings. Anything I decided to do would focus on those people and giving them lasting memories to hold on to.

If I only had 30 days to live, I would want to share Jesus with my friends who don't follow Christ. I would want to make sure they knew about His perfect gift of Life and salvation.

And yet, how do I know I don't have only 30 days to live? In reality, I don't. And neither does anyone else. "Each man's life is but a breath." (Psalm 39:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment