Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Days mean Snow Play!!

I LOVE snow days! I love waking up to several inches of freshly fallen snow covering the backyard like a soft, white blanket. It is so fresh and clean. I'm so glad God decided to add snow to His Creation! I'm so glad we can enjoy it along with Him. When I looked out the patio door yesterday morning and saw the thick blanket of snow, I was reminded of the Scripture "wash me and I will be whiter than snow." (Ps. 51:7) When we accept Christ, He tells us that our lives will be whiter than the beautiful, clean, fresh snow in my yard this morning. It is so beautiful and white that I can't imagine being whiter than that. But God says that is how pure and clean we are! Yes, I love snow days!

Snow days... When your kids are in school, snow days mean having them home all day--bored with nothing to do; they mean you have to rearrange your schedule, maybe find childcare for your children; snow days can be a hassle. BUT when your kids are homeschooled, snow days take on a whole new meaning! We LOVE snow days!!. To us snow days mean this: we work diligently all morning to get our school work completed so we can meet up with other friends in the afternoon for a day of SNOW PLAY. Sledding. Snowball fights. Sipping hot chocolate from a thermos. Building snow ramps. Snowmen. Snow angels. Snow cream.

How many inches of snow did we receive on Monday and Tuesday? At least six, I'm guessing. We have spent the past two afternoons out at the LEVY (our not-so-secret-anymore sledding place). It has been so much fun that we had to drag the kids to the car when it was time to go. We had over 20 kids and a handful of parents out there each day. What fun!

Tomorrow we are headed to The Farm to play on the ice, sled with the horses, and more snow play!

Yes, I love snow days! (Oh, and I love when my brother-in-law comes over and plows the driveway for us so we can get out and enjoy our snow days even more.) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment